Interim report, January–March 2023
- Net sales increased by 6 percent to SEK 6,927m (6,550).
- Gross profit increased by 8 percent to SEK 2,260m (2,096).
- EBITDA rose by 7 percent to SEK 692m (648).
- Adjusted EBITDA1 increased by 10 percent to SEK 834m (760).
- The loss after tax for the quarter was SEK -78m (88).
- Basic earnings per share were SEK -0,09 (0.11) and diluted earnings per share were SEK -0,09 (0.11).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 212m (140).
“Our company’s overall priorities remain intact with continued focus on cost control, cash flow and growth.”
– Laurinda Pang, CEO
Significant events during the quarter
- On 12 January 2023, credit facilities of SEK 6,500m and USD 110m were extended by one year. The new maturity date is February 2026.
- Sinch announced on 9 March that the company is implementing organizational changes to accelerate integration of the product set and the sales organization. Operations in the Messaging and Email segments will be consolidated into a new CPaaS product unit and two market units, North America and International.
- Sinch launched “Operator Connect for Partners” on 23 March, which makes it possible for service providers and other partners to offer voice calling services via Microsoft Teams.
Significant events after the end of the quarter
- On 12 April, Sinch informed the market of its strategic collaboration with Salesforce centered around communication services for customers with high demands for security, privacy and quality of delivery.
- Laurinda Pang joined the company as the new CEO of Sinch on 17 April.
- The Annual Report for 2022, including the company’s Sustainability Report, was published on the company’s website on 21 April.
1) Adjusted EBITDA is reported to clarify performance in underlying operations. See Note 2.
Invitation to webcast and phone conference
Sinch will present the interim report in a webcast and phone conference on Thursday, 27 April 2023 at 14:00 CEST. Watch the presentation at investors.sinch.com/webcast or call and register a couple of minutes in advance.
Sweden: +46 (8) 50 5163 86
United Kingdom: +44 203 1984 884
USA: +1 412 3176 300
Access code: 512 3709#
For additional information, please contact:
+46 72 143 34 59
Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Investor Relations
+46 72 245 50 55
Chief Financial Officer
+46 73 660 24 19
Sinch powers meaningful conversations between businesses and their customers through its Customer Communications Cloud. More than 150,000 businesses – including many of the world’s largest tech companies – rely on Sinch and its global super network, which is the most secure and reliable network for messaging, voice and email. Sinch has been profitable and fast-growing since it was founded in 2008. It is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with shares traded at NASDAQ Stockholm: XSTO:SINCH. Learn more at sinch.com. Learn more at sinch.com.
Note: Sinch AB (publ) is required to publish the information in this interim report pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was released for publication by the contact person above on 27 April 2023 at 07:30 CEST.
This report is published in Swedish and English. In case of any differences between the English version and the Swedish original text, the Swedish version shall apply. This report has not been subject to review by the company’s independent auditors.